Mold Damage Remediation
Mold is the new dirty word no one wants to talk about. Most people don’t realize that mold is all around us is the air. Generally only when mold spores are present in large quantities are they hazards to humans. The term “toxic mold” refers to molds that produce mycotoxins. Exposure to high levels of mycotoxins can lead to neurological problems and in some cases death. For significant mold growth to occur, there must be a source of water, a source of food, and a substrate capable of sustaining growth. Building materials found in your home like plywood, drywall, carpet, and carpet padding are food for molds. Mold growth can begin within 24 hours. At Dry Guys Restoration we have specialized equipment to test for and eliminate mold.
Mold Removal & Mold Causes in Arizona
The majority of mold damage cases in homes throughout the Valley are caused by water damages that are left unaddressed. Since mold damages can be a hazard to health, it is recommended that you contact a restoration service immediately if you find out your home has mold. Mold can begin to grow within two hours of water damage, so make sure you have your home tested for mold after any natural disaster. Mold testing is an extremely delicate process and requires a specifically trained professional to detect specific types of mold. If you suspect your home has black mold, contacting mold removal company for mold testing as soon as possible.
Mold Testing & Why It Is Necessary
Once your home has been tested positive for mold, our technicians will stop the mold growth completely, and remove it from your home. You aren’t in the clear once the mold is removed from your home just yet. There are a few extra precautions that need to be taken after the mold is removed to ensure the your home stays mold free. Make sure you address any water damage immediately, and report any severe issues as soon as they happen. Purchase or rent a dehumidifier monthly to make sure the moisture in your home is removed completely.
Mold Damage Health Risks
If anyone in your family comes in contact with or inhales mold, contact your doctor immediately. If they are experiencing extreme symptoms, or transport them to the nearest emergency room. If one of your family pets ingests or comes in contact with mold, contact a veterinarian and schedule a visit ASAP. Make sure any mold is completely removed from your home before returning.